This first Meeting of Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature of Bolivia is organized by PENBOLIVIA and its subsidiaries of Oruro, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz and CAMARA DEL LIBRO of Santa Cruz de la Sierra.
Date: Santa Cruz, 5 and 6 of June, 2015. The event to be held in the framework of the International Book Fair in Santa Cruz.
The objectives of this conference are:
* To promote reflection on the relationship between science and literary fiction.
* Lecture about the philosophy of science, grasp the limits of reality.
* Spread the Bolivian production of gender through conferences, exhibition and sale of books by authors in the area.
* Promote new studies of literature beyond the traditional genres.
LITERATURE THEORIES OF SCIENCE FICTION
Reflections on the choice of the narrator in the fantastic texts: strategies and effects.
* Prospective Fiction: proposal for a definition of the genre of science fiction
THEORIES OF FANTASY LITERATURE
* The fantastic as a destabilization of reality: elements for a definition.
* Relationship between literature Science Fiction and Fantastic Literature.
ORIGIN OF FANTASY LITERATURE AND SCIENCE FICTION
* From the fantastic (and neofantástic) components in the current Bolivian literature.
* Origins of science fiction and fantasy story in Bolivia.
FANTASY, SCIENCE FICTION, IDENTITY
* Other: writers of fantasy literature.
Should may participate in the congress, writers, researchers, teachers booksellers, librarians, university students and people interested. In the case of domestic and foreign speakers, the meeting does not cover costs of accommodation, transportation or food.
The meeting is non profitable and the participation at all performances are free, and are within the scheduled activities at the International Book Fair in Santa Cruz 2015.
Paper proposals should contain:
Address / Email:
Presentation title, description and basic bibliography.
They must be submitted by May 15 to: email@example.com
The writers who have published books of fiction (novels, short stories, essays and comics) can participate by presenting them at the conference, after coordination with the sponsors.
Ref: Biyu Suárez C. (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Angelica Guzman (email@example.com)
The estimated reading time work is 20 minutes per participant. Coordination for the provision of equipment (PC, notebook, projecting, etc.) with the organizers, should be done in advance.