- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.
Amazing Stories is a Registered Trademark, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The Amazing Stories brand is used for the company’s magazine, website and affiliated products and publications.
All contents of the Amazing Stories (Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off.) website, print and electronic versions and other publications of the Experimenter Publishing Company are Copyright (c) 2011, 2012, 2013 The Experimenter Publishing Company and their respective authors. All Rights Reserved. No reproduction in any media is permitted without prior written approval.
The Experimenter Publishing Company and its website Amazing Stories is committed to respecting the Fannish communities’ concerns and sensibilities regarding personal privacy. We have therefore implemented a strict OPT-IN policy in regards to the use and potential dissemination of personal information provided to us by our users, members and subscribers.
You may be asked from time to time whether you wish to Opt-In to a program, either for internal use or third-party use. Non-response to these queries will always default to non-participation; your personal information will not be included.
Under this policy we may still use and/or aggregate NON-IDENTIFYING information about your participation on the site. Such information will be anonymized before being provided to third-parties. (For example, we may be asked to provide demographic information to advertisers, such as the age distribution of our members. Such information would be provided in aggregate – thus and such a percentage of users between the ages of 22 and 45, etc.)
We also reserve the right to contact you via email regarding your account. You may receive communications from us regarding new offers, products or services on the site in addition to the normal and customary communications regarding the maintenance of your membership.
Please be aware that any information you provide on the site may be obtained by outside parties through various means and we can not be responsible for the ways in which such information is handled.
If you have concerns or questions regarding this policy and your use of the site, we strongly urge you to contact us to discuss them.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- first and last name
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- polling data
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Please note that most web browser programs usually default to accepting Cookies and offer little or no notification of having done so to the user. In order to determine how your web browser handles Cookies and how you can gain more control over them, please consult your browser’s help files.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You will not receive promotional information from us or from third parties unless you have formally opted in when solicited to do so
- We will not sell, lease or distribute your personal information to third-parties unless you have opted in and specifically granted permission for us to do so.
- We may sell, lease or distribute NON-IDENTIFYING information about you (such as demographic information or usage information) to third parties at our sole discretion.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.