Amazing Stories was granted permission by the author to reproduce his website sales pages below.
Please note: Links will take readers to the actual, official Lawrence Watt-Evans website and book sale. Purchases can not be made here on Amazing Stories.
Amazing Stories has published Mr. Watt-Evans and enjoys his work, and does not receive compensation for this promotion.
Books for Sale!
- So you can’t find my books in the stores — can you buy them directly from me?
- The short answer is, you can buy some of my books directly from me. I don’t run a bookstore, or keep huge quantities of my books on hand, but every so often I’ll acquire several copies of a book which I’d just as soon sell. When that happens, I’ll sell them here.
The list is divided into three categories, but they’re very fuzzy — I’ve included horror as a subcategory of fantasy, for example.
This page does not (yet) include magazines, comic books, or foreign editions.
See below for payment information, alternate sources, autographing terms, e-book news, shipping costs, and other details.
Click the specific item for image, price, and ordering link. (If you have a pop-up blocker you may need to deactivate it.)
Legends of Ethshar:
- The Misenchanted Sword Trade paperback (Wildside Press 2000).
- With A Single Spell (Wildside Press 2000) Trade paperback
- The Unwilling Warlord (Wildside Press 2000) Trade paperback, Cosmos mass-market paperback.
- Taking Flight (Wildside Press 2001) Trade paperback
- The Spell of the Black Dagger (Wildside Press 2001) Trade paperback
- Night of Madness (Tor 2000) Hardcover, mass-market paperback
- Ithanalin’s Restoration (Tor 2002) Hardcover
- The Spriggan Mirror (Wildside Press 2007) Trade paperback
- The Vondish Ambassador (Misenchanted Press 2008) Limited edition trade paperback
- The Unwelcome Warlock (Wildside Press 2012) Trade paperback
- Tales of Ethshar (Wildside Press 2012) Trade paperback
- The Sorcerer’s Widow (Wildside Press 2013) Trade paperback
- Relics of War (Wildside Press 2014) Trade paperback
The Obsidian Chronicles:
- Dragon Weather: Tor first edition hardcover 1999, Tor trade paperback 2014, Tor mass-market paperback 2000, Misenchanted Press trade paperback 2021.
- The Dragon Society: Tor mass-market paperback 2003, Misenchanted Press trade paperback 2021.
- Dragon Venom: Tor first edition hardcover 2003, Tor mass-market paperback 2004, Misenchanted Press trade paperback 2021.
Annals of the Chosen:
- The Wizard Lord: Tor first edition hardcover 2006, Tor trade paperback 2014, Tor mass-market paperback 2007.
- The Ninth Talisman: Tor first edition hardcover 2007, Tor trade paperback 2014, Tor mass-market paperback 2008.
- The Summer Palace: Tor first edition hardcover 2008, Tor trade paperback 2014, Tor mass-market paperback 2009.
The Fall of the Sorcerers:
- A Young Man Without Magic: Tor first edition hardcover 2009, Tor trade paperback 2014.
- Above His Proper Station: Tor first edition hardcover 2010, mass market paperback 2017.
Worlds of Shadow:
- Out of This World: Del Rey first edition hardcover 1993
- In the Empire of Shadow: Del Rey first edition trade paperback 1995
- The Reign of the Brown Magician is available from Wildside Press, but I don’t have any.
- The Rebirth of Wonder Tor paperback 1992, Misenchanted Press trade paperback 2012.
- Touched by the Gods Tor first edition hardcover 1997, Tor paperback 1998, Misenchanted Press trade paperback 2012.
- Split Heirs (Tor 1993) (Collaboration with Esther M. Friesner) Tor hardcover 1993, Tor paperback 1994
- One-Eyed Jack: Trade paperback (Misenchanted Press 2011) .
The Cases of Carlisle Hsing:
- Nightside City: Mass market paperback (Del Rey 1989), Trade paperback (FoxAcre 2001).
- Realms of Light: Trade paperback (Foxacre 2010).
Non-series science fiction:
- The Chromosomal Code: Trade paperback, Misenchanted Press 2012.
- Denner’s Wreck: Mass market paperback, Avon 1988.
- Shining Steel: Trade paperback, FoxAcre Press 2004.
- The Spartacus File: (Collaboration with Carl Parlagreco) Trade paperback, Wildside Press 2005.
- The Cyborg & the Sorcerers b/w The Wizard and the War Machine: (Wildside Double #5, Wildside Press 2010) Trade paperback flipbook.
- The Wizard and the War Machine: Del Rey paperback (1st printing, 1987), Del Rey paperback (3rd printing, 1992).
- Vika’s Avenger: (All from Misenchanted Press 2013)Trade paperback, limited-edition hardcover, limited edition hardcover with dustjacket
The Adventures of Tom Derringer:
- Tom Derringer and the Aluminum Airship (Misenchanted Press 2014) Trade paperback.
- Tom Derringer in the Tunnels of Terror (Misenchanted Press 2017) Trade paperback.
- Tom Derringer and the Steam-Powered Saurians (Misenchanted Press 2020) Trade paperback.
Short story collections:
- Crosstime Traffic: mass market paperback (Del Rey 1992), Trade paperback (FoxAcre Press 2000).
- Celestial Debris: Trade paperback (FoxAcre Press 2002).
- Hazmat & Other Toxic Stories: Trade paperback, yellow cover (Misenchanted Press 2016), Trade paperback, black cover (Misenchanted Press 2016).
- In the Blood: Vampire Stories: Trade paperback (Misenchanted Press 2011).
- The Turtle Moves! Discworld’s Story Unauthorized (BenBella Books 2008): Trade paperback.
- Mind Candy: 23 Brain-Smacking Essays on Popular Culture (Wildside Press 2013): Trade paperback.
Written as Nathan Archer:
- Predator: Concrete Jungle: Mass market paperback (Bantam 1995).
- Predator: Cold War: Mass market paperback (Bantam 1997).
- Mars Attacks: Martian Deathtrap: Mass market paperback (Del Rey 1996).
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #10: Valhalla: Mass market paperback (Pocket 1995).
- Star Trek: Voyager #3: Ragnarok: Mass market paperback (Pocket 1995).
Anthologies (one story by me in each):
- Bruce Coville’s Alien Visitors, edited by Bruce Coville (Camelot 1999) Trade paperback.
- Bruce Coville’s Book of Aliens, edited by Bruce Coville (Scholastic/Apple 1994) Trade paperback.
- Bruce Coville’s Shapeshifters, edited by Bruce Coville (Camelot 1999) Trade paperback.
- Chicks ‘n’ Chained Males, edited by Esther Friesner (Baen 1999) Mass-market paperback.
- Full Spectrum 5, edited by Jennifer Hershey, Tom Dupree, & Janna Silverstein (Bantam/Spectra 1995) Trade paperback.
- Isaac Asimov’s Mars, edited by Gardner Dozois (Ace 1991) Mass-market paperback.
- The Loch Moose Monster & Other Stories, edited by Sheila Williams (Delacorte 1993) Hardcover.
- More Phobias, edited by Wendy Webb, Richard Gilliam, Edward E. Kramer, & Martin H. Greenberg (Pocket 1995) Mass-market paperback.
- The New Hugo Winners, Volume II, presented by Isaac Asimov (Baen/SFBC 1991) Book club edition.
- Newer York, edited by Lawrence Watt-Evans (Roc 1991) Mass market paperback.
- A Nightmare’s Dozen, edited by Michael Stearns (Harcourt Brace 1996) Hardcover.
- A Starfarer’s Dozen, edited by Michael Stearns (Harcourt Brace 1995) Hardcover.
- Once Upon A Time, edited by Lester del Rey & Risa Kessler (Del Rey 1991) Hardcover.
- 100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories, edited by Robert Weinberg, Stefan Dziemianowicz, & Martin H. Greenberg (Barnes & Noble 1995) Hardcover.
- Shadows & Reflections: Stories from the Worlds of Roger Zelazny, edited by Trent Zelazny & Warren Lapine Hardcover, trade paperback. .
- Why I Left Harry’s All-Night Hamburgers and Other Stories, edited by Sheila Williams & Charles Ardai (Delacorte 1990) Hardcover.
- Vampires, edited by Jane Yolen & Martin H. Greenberg (HarperCollins 1991) Hardcover.
These are all from BenBella Books’ “Smart Pop” series, and unless otherwise specified are edited by Glenn Yeffeth
- The Anthology at the End of the Universe: Essays by Bruce Bethke, Cory Doctorow, Jacqueline Carey, Stephen Baxter, John Shirley, Adam-Troy Castro, and others — including me — about The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Trade paperback.
- Boarding the Enterprise: Essays about “Star Trek” by Norman Spinrad, D.C. Fontana, Allen Steele, Michael Burstein, Robert Metzger, Pail Levinson, Howard Weinstein, etc. Edited by David Gerrold and Robert J. Sawyer. Trade paperback (anniversary edition).
- Seven Seasons of Buffy: Essays by David Brin, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, Laura Resnick, Sarah Zettel, Charlaine Harris, Christie Golden, Jean Lorrah, Nancy Holder, and many others about “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” Trade paperback.
- The War of the Worlds: The complete text of H.G. Wells’ classic novel, followed by essays by Jack Williamson, Connie Willis, Mike Resnick, David Gerrold, Mercedes Lackey, Fred Saberhagen, Lawrence Watt-Evans, and others. Trade paperback.
- Warp Angel, by Stuart Hopen (Misenchanted Press 2013) Trade paperback. Science fiction novel.
- The Raven Coronet, by Christina Briley (Misenchanted Press 2014) Trade paperback. Fantasy novel.
- Twirling Jennies, by Ruth Evans (Misenchanted Press 2015) Oversized trade paperback. History of dance in Lowell, MA 1820-1920.
- All foreign editions are here.
- Magazines and comic books are not listed at present.
- Everything else is listed above.
If you prefer not to deal with PayPal, you can order by mail. I have a post office box again: P.O. Box 10382, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110. You can send orders there; enclose payment by check, please.
Shipping: There is no additional charge for shipping for orders over $25.00 sent anywhere in the U.S. by media mail — it’s already included in the prices. If you want your purchase sent by Priority Mail, add $5.00. For orders under $10.00, it’s $5.00 for anywhere in the U.S.; for orders from $10.01 to $25, it’s $7.00 for the order. For shipping outside the U.S., it’s $50.00 regardless of the size of the order; I know that’s a lot, but overseas shipping has gotten expensive!
Autographs: Please specify in a separate e-mail whether you want your copy autographed or unsigned, and if signed, whether you want it personalized, or just a signature. It’s the same price either way. If you don’t say, I don’t sign it.
Other sources: You can find many of my books for sale from the major online booksellers: Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and so on. Some recent titles, mostly reprint, are also available directly from their respective publishers, Wildside Press and FoxAcre Press.
If you’ll settle for used copies, you might look at abebooks or, of course, eBay.
If you’re outside North America and these options don’t work for you, I’m sorry, but I can’t help much. I do have a page of international booksellers, but it’s impossible to keep up with the entire world.
E-books: If you’re interested in downloading e-book versions of my work, you can find several on Amazon’s Kindle store, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Wildside Press, or elsewhere. Assortments vary from site to site. I don’t sell any e-texts from my own site.