Sorry folks, looks like this week got the better of me! I was travelling for work during the I would normally put together a post, so this Wednesday is just a pretty picture and my list of pulls, but I have a treat coming up!
On Thursday 3/14 (my birthday no less) I’ll be going to see an early screening of Wolf Children (Okami kodomo no ame to yuki) complete with Q&A with creator Mamoru Hosoda, famous for his works on Digimon, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Summer Wars. I’ll try to get a few questions out to him or at least document the questions asked and put up a review during the weekend.
On Tuesday 3/19 I’ll be seeing an early screening of Upstream Color, the new film but Shane Carruth, creator of the lauded time-travel movie Primer. Alas, no Q&A, but I will be writing a review for that one as well. Gotta love The Brattle Theatre in Cambridge. They rock a million.
In the meantime, since it seems I’m the only one writing about the contemporary comic work here at Amazing Stories, is there anything you’d like me to take a crack at? So far I’ve been pretty much talking up various creators and publications as opposed to larger aspects of the medium and industry as a whole, which is something I’m aiming to change. Any input is welcomed!
My pulls for 3/12 are:
- Sledgehammer 44 #1 by Mike Mignola, John Arcudi & Jason Latour
- Batman #18 by Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo & Andy Kubert
- Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #6 by Len Wein & Jae Lee
- High Ways #3 by John Byrne
- Nowhere Men #4 by Eric Stephenson, Nate Bellegarde & Jordie Bellair
- Trigger Girl 6 #1 by Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray & Phil Noto
- Bravest Warriors #6 by Joey Comeau & Mike Holmes
(top image contains cover art of Sledgehammer 44 #1, Nowhere Men #4, Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #6, and Bravest Warriors #6)